Monday, March 21, 2011

Creative Card Share: Sweet Summer Sale-a-bration

Hi Everyone,
Well, Spring has made its presence felt today with temperatures in the 70's and wildfires to go with it. It has been very dry here this winter and with no rain in sight, I feel for all who are threatened by this latest round of fires. With strong winds in the forecast for tomorrow, please say a prayer that they will be able to get the fires under control soon.
Today I wanted to share with you a card I created with the Sale-a-bration stamp set Sweet Summer.  Did you realize that you only have 10 days left to take advantage of Sale-a-bration to earn this stamp set for free? I will be so sad to see this stamp set go as I have really enjoyed using it.
The flowers in the circles are from the stamp set Sweet Summer and I watercolored them using a blender pen and Tempting Turquoise Classic ink. The background is from a retired pack of Certainly Designer Series Paper I had left over and I paired it with Melon Mambo cardstock to add a splash of color for the circles and the paper ribbon borders.
For the ribbon I chose to use the Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon and I used Whisper White cardstock punched with the Oval punch and stamped the sentiment using Tempting Turquoise Classic ink. The Thank You sentiment is from the stamp set, Teeny Tiny Wishes, one of my favorite stamp sets.
I hope you have enjoyed today's creative card share and I hope it inspires you to create something with Spring Colors to brighten your day.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts

Supplies Used (All Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sweet Summer (Free Sale-a-bration Stamp Set)
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White
DSP: Certainly Celery Designer Series Paper (Retired pack from 2009-2010 catalog)
Ink: Black Stazon, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery (for sponging of background on circles)
Accessories: Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" x 5/8" Oval Large punch, Snail Adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment